Yan Lipao

วันเสาร์ที่ 25 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Week 11 In class

I Learn about instruction imperative example;

1.Give me that book = order
2.Pass the jam = request
3.Turn right at the corner = instruction
4.Try the smoked salmon = suggestion
5.Come around on Sunday = invitation
I Learn about news and topics to write news example;
Type I
A : Noun Phrase
1.N+V-ing P IFCT seeking yen loan in Japan
2.N+V-ed P Thai held in Malaysia
3.N+Prep P Arms catch in Songkhla
4.N+to V.P New found to cause loan problem
5.
คำพูดของบุคคลสำคัญ เช่น

1.Borg-"I'll quit after Wimbledon"
2.Borg:"I'll quit after Wimbledon"
3."I'll quit after Wimbledon “Borg
4."I'll quit after Wimbledon”, says Borg
5."I'll quit after Wimbledon". Borg
Type II
1. N+V+N
- Border Police placed on full alert
2. N+V-ing P
Japan willing to buy more rice
N+to V P
8 robbers attacking gun store--killing a cop
3. N+V+N
Meteorology warns of rain, wild sea and strong wind
4. N+expected
said+to V
believed
Gold prices exacted to go down


Week 8 In class

Genre- Text types
1.Narative = tell story, usually to entertain.
2. Recounts = personal, factual- tell what happen.
3. Information reports = provide factual information.
4. Instruction = tell the listener or reader what to do.
5. Explanations = explain how or why something happen.

6. Expository texts = present or argue viewpoints.

Example

1. ถ้าจิมได้รับข้อความที่ฉันฝากไว้ให้เขาเมื่อชั่วโมงที่แล้ว เขาก็คงกำลังรอพบฉันอยู่แล้วตอนนี้
- If Jim got the message I left him an hour ago, he is waiting for me now.
2.
ถ้าทอมรวยเขาคงซื้อรถคันใหม่แล้ว
- If Tom were rich, he would have bought a new car.


Week 7 In class


If clause

I have learning about If clause. It contains two important parts are main clause and if clause and 3 type

If Clause Type I [Present ,Unreal ,Possible]
if +V1, modal verb[will/may/acn+V1]
Type I indicates what will happen, provided that a certain situation is given.
Example:
ถ้าขึ้นรถเมล์ไม่ทันเรียนรถแท็กซี่นะ
If I the bus this afternoon, I will catch a taxi.
ถ้าฉันไม่เข้าใจการแปล 2 ฉันอาจจะสอบตก
If I don't understand translation 2 course thoroughly, I fail it
ถ้าหล่อนมาฉันจะไปที่นั้น
If she comes, I will go there.
ถ้าคุณเรียนหนักคุณก็จะสอบผ่าน
If you study hard, you will pass an exam.
ถ้าฉันเป็นทักษิณ ฉันจะไม่บินไปอเมริกา
If I were Thaksin, I would not fly to America.

If Clause Type II [Present ,Unreal ,Impossible]
if + were, was[V2], would/cloud/might+ V2
Type II indicates what could happen if a present situation were different.
Example:
ไม่มีใครบอกฉันเลยว่าคุณเข้าโรงพยาบาล ถ้าฉันรู้ฉันคงไปเยี่ยมคุณแล้วละ
Nobody told me that you were in hospital, If had known, I would have visited you.

If Clause Type III [Past ,Unreal ,Possible]
if + had+V3, would/should/could/might+ V3
Type III indicates what could have happened in the past if a situation had been different then.
Example:
ถ้าหิมะตกที่กรุงเทพทุกคนคงจะตกใจ
If snowing at Bangkok everyone will surprise.
I have knowledge about

This week the teacher tell me about website to learn English are:
www.IEARN
www.ello.org
www.uiowa.edu
www.tlsbook.com
www.vrae.org
http://www.eslgold.com/

Learning Log Out class

Independent & Dependent Clauses
Clauses
A clause is a group of related words. A clause has both a subject and a predicate. There are two types of clauses.
Independent Clause - An independent clause can stand alone as a sentence. Here is an example: We walk to school. This sentence expresses a complete thought and can stand alone.
Dependent Clause - A dependent clause cannot stand alone as a sentence. Here is an example: when the cake is done baking This clause does not express a complete thought and cannot stand alone



Week 5 In class


Aspects: การณ์ลักษณะ
มุมมองที่ผู้พูดมีต่อเหตุการณ์นั้นๆ เช่น ผู้พูด พูดว่าเสร็จสิ้นแล้ว, กำลังเกิดขึ้น, เพิ่งเริ่มต้น, หรือเกิดซ้ำๆ

1. Progressive aspect
1)
กำลังดำเนินอยู่

1.1)
เหตุการณ์ที่ดำเนินอยู่อย่างต่อเนื่อง
e.g. She was sleeping.
1.2)
เกิดขึ้นและจบลงอย่างรวดเร็ว แต่เกิดขึ้นซ้ำๆ
e.g. The boy is hitting my dog with a stick.
1.3)
เหตุการณ์ที่ยังไม่เสร็จสิ้นสมบูรณ์
e.g. I am writing a book on global warming.
1.4)
เหตุการณ์ที่เกิดขึ้นชั่วคราว
e.g. She is living in London.
2. Perfective aspect
1)
เหตุการณ์เกิดขึ้นแล้ว เชื่อมโยงกับเหตุการณ์หรือเวลาภายหลัง
e.g. the thief had run away when the police arrive.

1.
คนส่วนใหญ่เชื่อว่าสุนัขเป็นเพื่อนที่ดีที่สุดของมนุษย์

Most people believe that dog's are man's best friends.
2.
ปัจจุบันอัตราการว่างงานในประเทศไทย อยู่ที่ 28 เปอร์เซ็นต์

At present the unemployment in Thailand is 28 %.
3.
น้องสาวฉันดื่มนม 1 แก้ว ทุกเช้า

My sister drinks a glass of water every morning.
4.
ตอนที่ฉันยังเด็ก ฉันดื่มนมทุกวัน

When I was young I drank a glass of water.
5.
นิดโทรมาหาฉันเมื่อสองสามวันก่อน

Nid called me a few days ago.
6.
ตั้งแต่น้อยลาออกจากงาน เขาไม่เคยโทรมาหาฉันเลย

Since Noi quit the job, She has never called me.
7.
รัฐบาลประกาศขึ้นน้ำมันแล้ว

The government has announced an increase in oil price.
8.
เล็กไปประเทศญี่ปุ่นมาสองครั้งแล้ว

Lek has been to Japan twice.
9.
ใหญ่ไปอเมริกาแล้ว จะกลับมาเดือนหน้า

Yai has gone to the states and will be back next month.
10.
คุณทำงานหนักมาตลอด ตอนนี้ควรจะพักผ่อนบ้างได้แล้ว

You have been working hard, Now you should rest.
11.
ระหว่างที่ฉันรอพบหมอ ฉันอ่านนิตยสารจบไปสองเล่ม

When I was waiting for seeing the doctor, I read two magazines.
12.
ศักดิ์สูบบุหรี่มานาน 30 ปี แต่เขาเลิกสูบบุหรี่แล้ว เมื่อสองปีก่อน


Sak had been smoking for 30 years but he gave up 2 years ago
Week 4 In class

If clause

1. If + V1, will/may/can+ v1
Present, real/possible
- If I don't understand translation 2 couse thoughtly, I may fail it.
- If she comes, I will go there.
- If you study hard, you will pass an exam.
- If it dose't rain this afternoon, I will go to the Ocean.
- If you heat water, it boils.
- If you get here water, it boils.
- If you grt before seven, we can catah the early train.
- I can't drink alcohol If I have to drive.

2. If+ v2, would/could/ might+ v1
present/ unreal/impossible
- Nobody told me that you were in hospital. If I had Know I would have visited you.
- If I have enough money, I will go to Japan.
- I won't go outside If the weather is cold.
- If i have time, I will help you.
- If you eat too much, you will get fat.

3. If had + v3, would, should, could, might+v3
past, unreal/Impossible
- If knew her name, I would tell you.
- She would be safer If she had a car.
- It would be nice If you helped me do the housework.
- If I were you, I would call her.
- If were you, I would not say that.


Week 4 Out class

Technical translation

Technical translation is a type of specialized translation involving the translation of documents produced by tecnical writers or more specifically, text which relate to technogical subjet areas or text which deal with the practical application of scientific and technology information. While the presence of specialized terminology alone is not sufficient for classifying a text as "technical" possess what can be regarded as specialized terminology 1. Technology translation cover the translation of many kind of specialized text and requires a high level of subject knowledge and mastery of the relevent terminology (2) and writing conventions. The importance of consistent terminology in technical translation,for example in patents, as well as the hightly formularic and repetitive nature of technical writing makes computer- assisted translation using translation memories and terminology databases especially appopriate.


Week 3 Out class

Progressive aspect

The continuous and progressive aspects (abbreviated cont and prog) are grammatical aspects that express incomplete action in progress at a specific time: they are non-habitual, imperfective aspects. It is a verb category with two principal meaning components: (limited) duration and (possible) incompletion. Most languages treat continuous and progressive aspects as alike and use the two terms interchangeably, but there are languages that distinguish them.

As with other grammatical categories, the precise semantics of the aspects vary from language to language, and from grammarian to grammarian. For example, G.L. Lewis's grammar of Turkish counts the -iyor form as a present tense; Robert Underhill's as a progressive tense; and Jacklin Kornfilt's as both a continuous (nonhabitual imperfective) and a progressive (continuous non-stative) aspect.

Week 3 Inclass

Progessive aspect
Definition
Progessive aspect is a countinuous aspect that expresses processes, not states.
Example
- The be+ ing construction indicates progressive aspect. Its characteristic of expressing processes rather than states can be seen in the following example:
-Fred is silly.
-Fred is being silly.
The first example is stative the second is processual and paraphrasable as "Fred is acting in a silly manner.
The progressive or continuous aspect is formed with the auxiliary verb to be +- ing the present participle. It shows that an action or state past,present, or future was is or will be unfinished at the time referred to:
I'm reading Nelson Mandela's autobiography. She was having a shower when the phone rang.





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น